Tuesday, May 21, 2013

DIY Autism awareness t-shirts

Saw this idea on pinterest and knew I had to make them! With my job we see a lot of autistic and special needs patients. I also have a few friends with autistic children and I just have a soft spot in my heart for them all.

So I seen this idea on pinterest originally but it was a pin to buy these shirts. I love anything DIY so immediately set out to complete this project. After finding fabric spray paint was not on the cheap end I turned to google and found an easy solution....make my own.

Materials:
4 small travel size spray bottles (I got mine at Wal-Mart for under $1)
4 colors of fabric paint in colors of your choice
Water
Small puzzle pieces
White T-shirts
Newspaper or other item to cover up the floor

-Pour a small amount of the paint in a spray bottle slowly add water and shake it up. Spray a small amount on the newspaper to see if it is too thick or too thin. Add more materials until you get the consistency you want.

-Place puzzle pieces all down the shirt or in a pattern you like

-Start spraying! I let it dry about 3-4 minutes between each different color. I then let it sit for about 15-20 minutes before removing puzzle pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment