Thursday, May 16, 2013

DIY laundry soap

So my sister actually introduced me to this and I've seen numerous pinterest pins and blog posts using the same recipe. You can make liquid or powder. I have never tried the liquid but love the powder and the best part is that it lasts me over 6 months!

I bought all my ingredients at Walmart in the laundry soap isle. I wish I could say I was an all natural earthy mom. I LOVED Tide and Gain but grew tired of spending so much money on it just weekly. I spend under $10 on all the products and easily have enough to last me over 6 months.

1 box of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
1 box of Borax
1 Fels-Naptha Bar of soap.

I added equal amounts of the super washing soda and borax into a little plastic tub with a lid. I then grated my soap bar and mixed it into the tub as well. I've notice it does wonders on the girls clothes from daycare and I only need to use 1-2 Tablespoons per load (I was skeptical of this small amount at first). The first time I made this I added the downy unstoppables into the tub as well but noticed that the color and smell seemed to fade away from them. So I still buy my liquid downy softener but the small bottle still can last me a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment